Wave Control Systems offers its clients:
- Multi-disciplinary solutions in mechanical, process, electrical, instrumentation, and automation engineering
- Years’ of experience in creating fluid handling solutions for various industries
- A Certified Quality Management System
- Fast Turnaround
- Quality Workmanship
- Complete Documentation Packages
- Single Source Convenience
Fluid and Material Handling // Process Control // Automation. We enjoy technical complexity.
Wave Control holds a Certificate of Authorization issued by ABSA
Engineering and Design
Our in-house engineering, fabrication, design, and technical support team can expedite multi-disciplined integrated systems and provide the necessary after sales support.
- Engineering and technical support for mechanical, chemical/process control, electrical, instrumentation, electronics, programming/software, and drafting (2D and 3D)
- Engineering, fabrication, assembly, and testing of mechanical, process, electrical, instrumentation, electronics, and automation products for general and hazardous areas
- Automation engineering solutions
- Licensed engineering staff certified to practice engineering in Alberta, British Columbia, and the North West Territories (APEGA, APEGBC, NAPEG)
- Documentation, Quality Assurance/Control, and HS&E standards to meet new construction requirements
- Strict observance of workplace safety protocols and Workers’ Compensation Board guidelines
Engineer on staff registered with APEGBC
A key activity, which is very important to who Wave is as a company, is the training we provide to customers – in the form of both in-field training services to support Alberta-based oil and gas and chemical applications and specialized, more formalized on-site training for customers. Moreover, our expert team not only provides on-site training in better ways to use and maintain a customer’s existing equipment, but we also do this with products we custom engineer and fabricate for customers. Our goal and value-add is to ensure we transfer the knowledge and skills customers require so they increase their capacity to integrate and operate their equipment, maintain it, identify when repairs or additional service may be needed, and determine when new and/or different products or services are required. This kind of training is a important part of the technical expertise we offer to customers.
We have a dedicated team of people with different kinds of technical expertise so that we can customize our training services to the needs of our customers. Areas of training instruction include:
- Training customers in understanding customized engineering requirements that best suit their needs, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, including R&D engineering projects that can lead to new innovations and advancement
- Engineer-in-Training expertise for customers who are seeking ways to build internal capacity and specialized knowledge
- Training in plastics welding and fabrication to meet industry product standards
- In-field training for maintaining and operating all products related to chemical and process control
- Chemical process control, instrumentation and analytical systems training aimed at optimizing operations and production
- Training in manufacturing (on-the-floor) processes and fabrication teams (electrical and instrumentation controls) aimed at improvement and efficiency
- Lunch ‘n Learns for engineering teams to increase their understanding of chemical metering
Wave’s commitment to quality includes the sourcing and supply of every part and product we purchase. Our clients rely on us for the most complete and expedient documentation packages available.
Drawings are completed with the highest level of detail and allow for BOMs to be exported with precise part numbers for ordering
Our extensive CAD library contains standard and custom designs for a vast range of mechanical, process, and electrical/instrumentation projects
- Years’ of experience specifying, sourcing and expediting a large variety of parts and components for the wide range of products we engineer, fabricate, and integrate
- Our skilled teams are experienced in handling multi-million dollar projects and are committed to providing the highest quality of work in QA/QC, scheduling, purchasing, accounting and administrative support, and often do so in expedited situations
Research and Development
Take your idea to the next level in the lab or in the field:
Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, technologists, and tradespeople can help you take your technology to the next level. We support industry collaboration and partnership to get new technologies and products off the ground and ready for market. Your innovative technology and our resources in product engineering and development could make for a great team. Contact Wave to discuss options such as cost and/or equity sharing for new technologies.
- Mechanical, chemical, and electrical instrumentation and controls engineering services
- Support in accessing and satisfying grant programs that fund clean tech innovations and technologies
- An R&D facility and product development experts
- Production of bench-top or lab-scale prototypes, or modular plug-and-play pilot modules
- Custom engineered specialty fittings and valves with CRN registration
- Fluid and material feed and control process equipment, including injection, measuring, sampling, mixing, heating and cooling equipment
- Design and fabrication of specialty parts, products, or equipment intended for a new process or trial
- In-house testing for fabricated parts and components
Committed to Innovation:
Wave Control Systems has participated in NSERC advisory committees and other new technology groups and associations. Wave’s team includes experts from mechanical, electrical, and process engineering disciplines. Wave also supports University of Alberta students in the Engineering Co-op Program. Wave is engaged in a variety of ongoing and new projects that have been supported by Alberta Innovates (AI), the Government of Canada’s Can Export program, the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP), and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
Some of Wave Control’s innovations include the patented UCS and UCS-LP (U.S.A. patent No. 7,263,448, Canadian patent No. 2,501,530), the UCS-Poly automated polymer activation system, the Verificator, and many other specialty chemical metering, monitoring, and control systems.INNOVATE WITH WAVE