- Engineered process equipment
- Manufacturing of chemical injection and material handling systems, and chemical metering equipment
- A certified Quality Management System
- Complete documentation packages
- Fast-turnaround due to exceptional project management
- Fully-integrated solutions at competitive costs
Wave Control holds a Certificate of Authorization issued by ABSA
Engineering and Design
Our in-house engineering, fabrication, and technical support team thrives in an environment of technical complexity. We manufacture and expedite integrated systems and provide the necessary after sales support.
- Engineering and technical support for mechanical, process control, electrical, instrumentation, electronics, programming, automation, and drafting (2D and 3D)
- Engineering, fabrication, assembly, and testing of mechanical, process, electrical, instrumentation, electronics, and automation products for general and hazardous areas
- Certification to practice engineering in Alberta, British Columbia, and the North West Territories (APEGA, APEGBC, NAPEG)
- Documentation, Quality Assurance and Control, and HS&E standards to meet new construction requirements
Wave’s commitment to quality begins with how we source and supply every part and product we purchase. Our clients rely on us for the most complete and expedient documentation packages available.
- Drawings with the highest level of detail, allowing for BOM’s to be exported with precise part numbers for immediate ordering
- Years of experience in specifying, sourcing and expediting a large variety of parts and components
- An extensive CAD library with standard and custom designs for a vast range of mechanical, process, and electrical/instrumentation products
- A skilled team with experience in handling multi-million dollar projects
- A commitment to providing the highest quality of work in QA/QC, scheduling, purchasing, accounting and administrative support
Research and Development
Take your idea to the next level in the lab or in the field
Our multidisciplinary team of engineers, technologists, and tradespeople can help you take your technology to the next level. We support industry collaboration and partnership to get new technologies and products off the ground and ready for market. Your innovative technology and our resources in product engineering and development could make for a great team. Contact Wave to discuss options such as cost and/or equity sharing for new technologies.
- Mechanical, chemical, and electrical instrumentation and controls engineering services
- Support in accessing and satisfying grant programs that fund clean-tech innovations and technologies
- An R&D facility and product development experts
- Production of bench-top or lab-scale prototypes, or plug-and-play pilot modules
- Custom-engineered specialty fittings and valves with CRN registration
- Fluid and material feed and control process equipment, including injection, measuring, sampling, mixing, heating and cooling equipment
- Design and fabrication of specialty parts, products, or equipment intended for a new process or trial
- In-house testing for fabricated parts and components
Committed to Innovation:
Wave Control Systems has participated in NSERC advisory committees and other new technology groups and associations. Wave’s team includes experts from mechanical, electrical, and process engineering disciplines. Wave also supports University of Alberta students in the Engineering Co-op Program. Wave is engaged in a variety of ongoing and new projects that have been supported by Alberta Innovates (AI), the Government of Canada’s Can Export program, the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP), and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
Some of Wave Control’s innovations include the patented UCS and UCS-LP (U.S.A. patent No. 7,263,448, Canadian patent No. 2,501,530), the UCS-Poly automated polymer activation system, the Verificator, and many other specialized chemical metering, monitoring, and control systems.
Wave provides on-site training services to help support equipment operations for Alberta-based oil and gas, chemical and industrial facilities.
Our goal is to ensure we transfer the knowledge and skills customers require so they increase their capacity to integrate, operate and repair their equipment.
We have a dedicated team of people with different kinds of technical expertise so that we can customize our training services to the needs of our customers. Areas of training instruction include:
- Lunch ‘n Learns for engineering and operational teams to increase their understanding of chemical injection, metering, mixing and control
- Process control, instrumentation and analytical systems training aimed at optimizing operations and production
- Training customers in understanding customized engineering requirements that best suit their needs, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, including engineering projects that can lead to new innovations and advancement
- Training in plastics welding and fabrication to meet industry product standards